A netizen shared how he wants to “feel love and happiness” and asks how come so many people are taking things for granted.
Here is the story:
Note: The numbered points represent different conversations with different people.
“I posted this somewhere else but I need more serious advice. I mean absolutely no harm, I just want to feel love and happiness. But do you realise so many people take things for granted?
I won’t reveal names but these are actual conversations I had with different people.
1) me: how do you go for so many outings and parties all the time?
A: I don’t know, people just invite me?
2) me: how does it feel like to stay in a big private property and wake up to a table of branded bags and wallets?
B: I just feel normal. Isn’t it normal?
3) me: how do you make your friends remember your birthday and remember to buy you present?
C: how can you “make” people remember to buy you present? I don’t!
Me: then how come you can get so many?
C: because they are my friends? Friends will remember birthday what!
4) me: how do you make your boyfriend remember to surprise you on your birthday and anniversary?
D: I don’t remind him or do anything, is he auto do.
5) me: how do you get so many notes, cards and presents from everyone? Like so much???
E: Is people want to give me then they give lor.
Me: I see that so many of the notes are so touching. You cried after reading them. How to feel so touched until you cry? (Pardon the bad phrasing)
E: this kind of things cannot teach one. Is feeling. I from young is can one. How to teach you?
Me: I also want to feel so touched that u cry but I don’t know how it feels like.
E: but I cannot teach you how to have feelings. You cannot then you cannot. Everyone is so innocent. I don’t know. I didn’t do anything. Having good things happens is just natural. I also don’t know why god loves me so much and favours me. I really don’t put in effort one. Wow.
Ever met such encounters? Is taking things for granted like very common here?
What advice do you have?”