“If you were in this situation, how would you choose?
A. Started new job 3 months ago with a good title at a reputable and stable local MNC with a decent increment, initial 1-2 months experienced culture shock and messiness of the org, some colleagues with attitude problems or having habit of being loud and aggressive to state their point, being gradually desensitised to such negative experiences and just go with the flow.
B. (Due to unhappiness in the initial months) Applied for and being offered a role with an okay title at a smaller MNC (single-digit headcount, at growth stage, was recently bought out) with another round of increment.
The overall remuneration offer is ~10% better than in A with career growth prospects, though this difference could be the opportunity cost for the smaller brand name as compared to A. Maybe the uncertainty is the stability of the org, volume of work and the boss’ management style which, to a certain extent, is difficult to judge at the outset.
Would you choose to resign from A at this point and accept the offer at B given the better pay (but unknown working conditions)? Or just make do with A, train tolerance and let days pass, given the reputation and stability of A?
Or what else should you be considering? How to decide?!!!??
What if I take the higher pay in B and I feel like hopping again.
Here are what netizens think:
- Apply another one and use the offer to get another 20% more
- Flip a coin high up in the air and while the coin is in mid air, your heart will know what’s the outcome you hope for. Follow that choice.
- It means you are unable to adapt to working lifestyle. You should either quit and live on your parents $$$ or just go back study
- Hmm.. unless u really hate reporting work. Otherwise if u r still unsure of whether the 2nd one will work out for longer term yet, stay on with the first and get to know yourself better and find out what U really want. At least the CV will look better.