There is a new e-wallet feature called GovWallet, which enables citizens to receive funds from Government agencies.
The Singpass application will also feature more digital identification cards.
These were all announced today (Mar 2) along with many other announcements as the Government seeks to transform digitally.
This is an e-wallet feature which can be integrated with mobile applications such as LifeSG, an app which provides government services to users at different stages in their lives.
Users of GovWallet can receive vouchers or credits from government agencies directly on the applications, therefore reducing the need for paper vouchers.
Government agencies can also use it to select participating merchants and users can spend the vouchers or credits given to them via scanning the PayNow QR Code.
Merchants who are already on PayNow will not need to sign up as the GovWallet feature already has the PayNow function.
It can also be integrated with ATMs so that users who do not have a bank account can withdraw payouts from the Government easily.
As of today, the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) have already started using the GovWallet feature via LifeSG to pay out benefits to about 35,000 NSMen.
New Singpass improvements
The Singpass application will also see more digital identification cards and more of other improvements added to the application.
Here are the enhancements:
- Digital cards
– More cards available under ‘My Cards’ such as digital driving license.
– Healthcare Professionals can see their digital practising certificate since January.
– Digital NRICs can be seen by all in the presnet
– English can be translated to all the official languages in Singapore, Mandarin, Tamil and Malay.
– Government working on agencies sending multi-lingual notifications to the Singpass application inbox.
- Accessibility for business users
– Business users can access their companies’ profiles and information if they have CorpPass account.
– Business owners and employees can look up information on business registration and shareholders, as well as awarded government contracts information.
The Singpass app has around 3.5 million users as of February.
Image source: Singpass.gov.sg