Working in a branding agency
Anyone working in branding agency? How is it for you guys? I just started working in a branding agency and I expected the OTs but I am starting to feel that it’s a bit much. We were supposed to work from 10 am to 7 pm but most of us just continue working until 10 pm. No OT pay but our transportation home is paid for.
Idk if it’s the results of my boss having unrealistic timeframe/ that’s just the work culture of branding agency or my time management.
Example of timeframe:
Animation -> 1 day Website -> 2 days Poster/ Menu -> 1 day Brand Guideline -> 2 day
- Agencies are notorious for having zero work life balance. I knew of people who had colleagues who died at their desks after pulling multiple all nighters.
Better to go in house.
- Depends on the culture and professional respect.
I tell clients to back off with unrealistic deadlines and have the team complete tasks within reason. Happy team = creativity = satisfied clients.
Ramping up to launches / events can be tiring but overall, I get in by 0930 and leave by 1800hrs.
- Agency life pretty much. But if there’s no break in between at all (down periods) might wanna consider leaving. People usually give it a couple years then jump from agency to agency and rise in ranks per jump
- I used to OT during periods that are close to events or deadlines, but it shouldn’t be an everyday thing. Sounds like they are understaffed.
- This is the traditional agency model but some are slowly changing, mainly because less and less people are accepting this OT culture.