Conduct rating / testimonial
Hi guys, i just ORDed yesterday. I received a “satisfactory” for my conduct and performance for taking a long term MC due to a surgery (that i declared in bmt & when i was posted to my unit) that i underwent towards the end of my service.
Throughout my time in my unit, i got all of my work done on time, was always punctual, never signed any extras, covered duties for my friends, maintained a good relationship with the regulars i worked closely with.
However my CO was very upset about me taking the long term MC and when i came back for my last 2 weeks or so, he was very passive aggressive in speaking to me and kept talking bad about my attendance.
My parents are extremely upset that i’ve been given a conduct rating that is not reflective of the work i did or the effort i put in. They are insistent on speaking to my formation commander and demanding an explanation.
I personally don’t think it’s important, but i would like some input from the rest of you guys. Thanks!
- Not important, literally doesn’t matter unless you want to sign on or something.
- No importance at all lol. Only if you want to sign on or i heard government job then they will see this type of stuff. End of the day no one cares whats on that sheet. My batch one is some clerk write one paragraph for all and then just change the name like template like that.
- no one gives a damn about NS after that 2 years unless you want to sign on, it’s 2 years of ur life that isn’t going to matter anywhere else, just live life and be happy
- To add on, I think conduct rating is quite subjective – someone’s satisfactory might be equivalent to someone else’s excellent. Don’t worry about it, nobody has asked for my testimonial after I graduated
- I hated army so much but I did just enough work so my PC no need to suffer as well. In the end I got the same testimonial as my other batch mates that genuinely liked to work. So it homestly doesn’t matter.
- There were ORDed guys who called me to request a reprint of the T&T because they misplaced it and their potential employer wants a copy. I have also written to date 2 testimonials on request of the company that my exNSFs were working or applying to work there. So don’t throw away just that.
- Things like testimonial is really a matter of principal. Getting outstanding doesn’t mean the future employer is going to pay more then those who get satisfactory. IMO. if I think I have done above and beyond. I would fight to have it corrected, because, to me, it’s a matter of principal, and I won’t just let a guy sitting behind the desk anyhow scribble anything that comes in his mind, because, I have done my part of the job. Now it’s his turn to do his job well. Hence, will fight to have it corrected, and once out the gate. Tear and throw away..