A man expresses his unhappiness after his parents have failed to not only support him for his education and expects he contributes to the household.
Here is what the man said
Imagine youre in this situation. You’re above 21.
- Both your parents are self employed
- Not say RICH but living soso
- your parents decided to sell their flat & rent suddenly in attempt to get bto (but cannot)
- You have younger siblings – Teenagers
- When you start to work, they will ask you to pay for bills. Saying things like “The bills is 500 leh” even though you only have a few appliances
- Your parents do not clean or do housework and expect you to do it (Not your siblings) & when you voice your unhappiness, they say “YOU ARE THE OLDEST” whole family treats you like a maid.
- You mixed with the wrong influence during your secondary school times so you only have N level. Parents do not want to help or invest in private or any other courses that interest you. But is fine with investing on your siblings.
- When you show extreme interest in certain courses – they say “cannot afford”
- healthcare also not exactly provided
- parents addicted to gambling
- parents says “You’re no longer my responsibility since you’re above 21 & dating”
- parents always asking for your help “help me find house, help me do invoice etc etc” but no help given to you when needed
okay la there’s so much more to type but for now, like this first.
In summary. Toxic environment from both parents & siblings. No skills & education given. rather Gamble than invest in their kids. Makes you not want to work cause they will tell you to pay them. Trying to chase me out cause i’m dating (Like ask you move out & stuff) OR if you stay with them you sleep in balcony/living room with partition (You’re a girl)