55-year-old Senior Warrant Officer (SWO) Leong Teng Kee of the elite Singapore Guards formation, who previously went viral for his incredible fitness routine, has retired after 38 years of service.
Power 98 DJ Jerald Justin Koh announced the news of SWO Leong’s retirement on TikTok, with his last day of service being yesterday (1 December).
Encik Leong first joined the Singapore Armed Forces back in January 1985, and was part of the humanitarian rescue forces in Nepal in 2015.
He also served as the Chief Master trainer for the Centre of Excellence for Soldier Performance (CESP), and reached the rank of Senior Warrant Officer, which is the second-highest rank for warrant officers.
@jksg98 for the last time #1000crunches #tabata ♬ Xenogenesis – TheFatRat
Went viral for his insane workout
Encik Leong previously went viral on social media earlier this year during the Army Open House, when he shared with Power 98 DJ Justin Koh his fitness routine.
He said in the viral video: “
Every day, I either do a ten-kilometre run with five set of Tabata or I do a ten set of Tabata, with a five kilometre run.
@jksg98 He does Tabata I do Ciabatta #AOH22 ♬ Epic – Joystock
Tributes from netizens
- He is the legendary, whenever SWO is mentioned he is the first guy that comes to mind
- Hormat Thank you SWO Leong for your service & dedication to our country! happy to have met you in person, you’re one solid encik!!!
- All the be best to your civilian life. Thank you for the fine service. 😊
- SALUTE! I am honered to be part of his battalion.
- Thank you Sir! Had the honour to go toe to toe with him literally at a fitness event!
- one of the four legendary enciks.