A netizen shared how his wife was having porridge and found a sharp fragment inside, scratching the inside of her mouth – he immediately contacted the stall to notify them of his find.
According to Mothership, he had ordered a sliced beef porridge on 11 December at around 9 am from Mui Kee Express at Cluny Food Court located at the Botanic Gardens.
He said that he wasn’t sure if his wife had swallowed any smaller pieces of the fragment before it was discovered and that she only discovered it as she was chewing on a piece of beef before swallowing.
He described how things could have been unimaginable had she swallowed the fragment, which appeared quite sharp.
The incident has also been reported to the Singapore Food Agency.
The man then revealed that Mui Kee contacted him and provided a refund, and he was informed that there were no glass objects in the kitchen.
They suspected that the sharp object was from a broken plastic container but was unable to confirm anything.
Mui Kee said that they are investigating the incident and preliminary findings indicate that it could have been from one of their storage containers that broke.
They described the incident as being “isolated” and have given the customer a $100 voucher as well.