What is the average amount of savings (in cash) singaporeans have at 30?
Im a single mother (unwed). My daughter is turning 5 and i have been working very hard through the years to save, but i often felt demoralised by how much others are saving/owning at their age. At 30, My bank account is currently at $60k Is that sufficient or normal? What is the average amount of savings (in cash) singaporeans have at 30?
If i want to purchase bto for a flat as a single parent, who can I contact directly with?
Here are what netizens think:
- Considering being a single parent at 30 and able to save $60k, your capabilities are really commendable. Don’t compare with what others have. Each person lifestyle and situation is different.
- Focus on earning more than enough for your retirement and your daughter’s University education. What’s seen on the surface may be just the tip of the iceberg. Your level of savings.
- For a single parent, having such savings is commendable. There are people who are single with x zero savings. You should keep your current pace and getting your own place within the next few years shouldn’t be a problem.
- BTO sure contact with HDB lor, who else. But not sure if you can get as an unwed mother with a child since you’re below 35.
- It is not healthy to compare. Everyone has different life style. Live within your means plus some backup cash and be happy. Check with HDB for your housing needs. All the best.
- Go to the MP they will help u to write to HDB. I’m single mum (unwed) below 35yr. HDB have approved my application to purchase a BTO/ resales flat under single plan. You are doing a good job so there’s no need for you to compare with others.