Home Caught In The Act STOP BUYING NO BRAND POWER BANKS, M’SIA BOY DIES AFTER SHORT CIRCUIT

STOP BUYING NO BRAND POWER BANKS, M’SIA BOY DIES AFTER SHORT CIRCUIT

2994

non Finance, non loan, non property, non banking, non credit card

In normal circumstances, the voltage of a typical power is not enough to cause death. What happens is a short circuit could have enough surge to stop a person’s, heart. There could be a million and one reasons why a surge would occur. But one of them could be the build quality of the product.

Back in 2017, a tragedy happened in Malaysia, The life of a 19-years-old life was taken away from him after he slept with his headphones in while charging via a power bank. (None of the media has revealed what particular brand is this).

Doctors believed that 12 volts of electricity have a very low chance of causing death but a short circuit typically carried a high current. Normally power banks have an output of 2 over Ampere but a short circuit can easily exceed 50 times the amount!!

Nowadays we have fast super charging power banks that can release even more power.

Think twice before charging a mobile device near your body.

Now I no longer feel safe charging my devices in my handbag.