So since the start of last month, my neighbors and my family noticed a stench of urine from the drain at our corridor.
Once there was a big plop of poop just lying at the side of the corridor.
Lately, we noticed a strange man wearing a black mask, dark blue hoodie, loitering at our doors. When we open the door, he would run away and dart into the stairwell.
This usually occurs at night, sometimes even close to midnight. It’s scaring us, given that my neighbors have children.
I understand that HDBs are public housing and do not have security guards, so the corridors are counted as public areas.
Even so, releasing faeces and urinating at the corridor is just ludicrous.
Not only does it have a foul stench, it attracts pests and cause great trouble to everyone living on the level. What should we do?
Does anyone have any similar experiences willing to share? I wish to take action fast and not make it a long term problem.
- Make police report, and apply for permit to install a CCTV to monitor the outside of your house.
- File a police report and inform TC
- Go to the cops first. They will provide you with a device that plays a sound when someone is standing outside your door. They will also provide you with a huge “area under 24 hours surveillance” sticker. On your end, install a doorbell camera.
- I am absolutely baffled, that you as an adult man have not reported this to the police. If you were my spouse or parent I would feel really unsafe and concerned with your ineptitude. Seriously, what have you been dawdling about for?
- Btw abt contacting police, which u DEFINITELY SHOULD – either do so online (link in one of the top comments), they will call u back – or call the non-emergency hotline 1800 255 0000. In line w the whole reserve 999 for emergencies thing.