28 C
Singapore
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Ads

Three Suspects Still On The Run After S$535,000 Genting Highlands Jewellery Heist

Three men remain at large after a jewellery shop at Sky Avenue in Genting Highlands was robbed of gold and jewellery worth almost RM1.7 million in broad daylight.

Advertisements

The robbery took place at around 11.40am on Monday, Aug. 17, and was reportedly completed within just two minutes. The suspects subsequently fled the area, prompting police to launch an operation to track them down.

Acting Pahang police chief Datuk Azry Akmar Ayob said preliminary investigations and CCTV footage identified three male suspects who had travelled to Genting Highlands by car. The men were reportedly wearing caps and face masks and were armed with an axe and claw hammer.

Police Seal Roads In And Out Of Genting Highlands

Police launched Ops Tutup around noon after the robbery, establishing roadblocks at entry and exit points leading to Genting Highlands.

However, CCTV footage reportedly showed that the suspects’ vehicle had already passed through one of the checkpoints before the operation was launched.

Advertisements

Azry said the suspects had yet to be arrested, with investigations continuing to establish their whereabouts and track their movements after the robbery.

The investigation is being handled jointly by the Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department, Pahang CID and Bentong CID, with officers using intelligence gathered during the investigation to identify and locate the suspects.

Videos Of Robbery Aftermath Circulate Online

The incident attracted significant attention online after videos showing the aftermath of the robbery began circulating on social media.

Some footage reportedly showed the suspects fleeing through the shopping mall on foot, while separate videos showed long queues of vehicles forming around Genting Highlands after police roadblocks were introduced.

The robbery’s location at one of Malaysia’s best-known highland tourist destinations has also generated questions online about how the suspects managed to leave the area before police could fully seal the roads.

Advertisements

Despite the extensive search operation, the three suspects remained at large at the time of the latest police update.

Police have not disclosed the identities of the suspects or provided further details about the jewellery shop involved. Investigations remain ongoing as authorities continue working to recover the stolen items and determine the full circumstances surrounding the RM1.7 million robbery.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

WOMAN TIRED & FED UP WITH HER JOB, FINDING A SUGAR DADDY TO GIVE HER MONEY

I wish I had a sugar daddy because I'm so tired of my jobI took 3 days of leave...
- Advertisement -