A fire broke out at a Jurong East condominium on 18 December that was caused by a lit candle that was left unattended.
Two men were seen in a video on Facebook fighting the fire while wearing slippers and shorts, and the fire was put out before the arrival of SCDF officers.
The SCDF posted an update on their Facebook page:
“[Fire @ No. 6 Gateway Drive]
At about 1.55pm today (18 Dec), SCDF was alerted to a fire at the above-mentioned location – the fire involved the contents of a bedroom in a unit on the 9th floor.
A security personnel from the premises extinguished the fire using a hosereel prior to SCDF’s arrival.
SCDF conveyed a person to Singapore General Hospital for smoke inhalation and burn injuries.
Preliminary investigation into the cause of the fire indicates that it was due to a dropped light from a lit candle left unattended.
SCDF would like to remind members of the public never to leave lighted materials unattended, and to completely extinguish such materials before disposing them into rubbish chutes or bins.”