A British expat in Singapore took to TikTok (@salshoult) to share about how utterly impressed she was with Singapore’s public toilets, comparing them to the ones in the UK and even her own home.
She said that there are many things that she loves about Singapore, but at the top of her list of favourite things is the cleanliness of the public toilets in Singapore.
She shared an anecdote about how she grew up in the United Kingdom; saying that as a child, her parents would always ask her if she had been to the bathroom before leaving the house.
This is because “if you got caught short while you’re out, you’re screwed,” describing how the public toilets in the UK are incomparably dirty, and that they are “disgusting” and “they stink”.
Here in Singapore, she said that she can leave her house without a care or worry because she can use the clean toilets anytime she wants.
She then gave a shoutout to the toilets at ION Orchard, saying that they are nicer than even the toilet that she has at home/
- Not coffeeshops though. Please avoid coffeeshops toilets.
- you should go jewel toilets u will love it. especially the handicap toilets the space is so big feel like own room.
- Bahahah… I used to sleep in Paragon toilet during my break time back then when I was working at Paragon…
- apart frm shoping malls/airport, try the neighborhood public toilets, u’ll b “in awe” frm the sight/smell
- toilets in shopping center are generally ok. best ones would be those in hotels or hospitals. avoid toilets in hawker center or coffeeshop though
- Yeah, Jewel has public toilets with a bidet that shoots warm water and blows warm air to your nether regions, also warm toilet seats, love it!
@salshoult Shout out to SG public toilets, I ❤️ you #sgexpats ♬ original sound – Sal