A netizen shared how his friend’s car was involved in an accident, being hit by an unsecured wooden log that had fallen off of a lorry.
The incident happened along Macritchie Flyover on 17 September at about 11am, and it left a gaping hole on the camcar’s side chassis.
Here is what the netizen said
My friend’s car was involved with an accident, wooden log dropped from trailer and hit my friend’s car. His video unable to capture the trailer number plate.
Hoping to check with the Honda Vezel/HRV SLE4155S) in front of his car if there is any video recoding.
- Its a stupid practice in this industry…these are stuff they needed for their work …my car got puncture bcos of these years ago…
- What is the name of lorry company? Workplace Safety and Health Act cannot tolerate any unsafe workplace like failed to secure loads on the trailer.
• Check for any damages on the straps and expiry date before securing loads which could result in straps snapping and loads will fall off.
• Every straps has a safe working load limit as you do not want to overload the straps as it will snap.
• Place a cloth on the edge of the load as this will reduce pressure on the strap which prevents from snapping.
• Ensure all the loads are fully secured onto the trailer before moving off. Failure to secure loads with straps as the company will be liable to disqualify from working including fines.