The food my wife prepares is absolutely horrendous. Even though we can afford spending money to order in, she insists on cooking because she enjoys it. As a result I have to force myself to eat it. Despite feedback from myself and the kids, no improvements were made.
When I complain about it, she says “People do things for you still complain! One day I stop then you know ah!”
Is this a valid reason to continue doing things poorly? Actually, I’d very much like her to stop lol. I’d gladly “know ah”.
Here are what netizens think:
- Ok ok. You need to join her in the kitchen and cook also. Then you can amend the taste on the spot and make the changes you want. Need to be inclusive lol. Or you can pay me to cook for you.
- I cook and eat the food myself.. my husband will dabao and eat his own food.. Problem solved
- No point being an armchair critic. Those who say food sucks should also know how to cook better. Like what others have said, step into the kitchen and learn to cook better together.
- Have to tactfully tell your wife the feedback, it can start with “This is good but we think that might be better”, instead of direct complaining. Do join in the cooking process as well and make her feel more confident to do some changes.
- I cant cook well too. Husband and mom in law gives me feedbacks. Mom in law guides me when i cook. Practise males perfect.
- I think you should be appreciative rather than complaining.. In this era, stepping into kitchen is really a huge challenge.. Alternatively, get your kids and yourselves involved, even the food don’t taste good, it improve family bonding.