27 C
Singapore
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Ads

Woman Crashes Car In Bugis, Leaves For Supper Instead Of Returning To Accident Scene

A 30-year-old woman in Singapore allegedly left the scene of a traffic accident in Bugis to have supper with friends before refusing police requests to return.

Advertisements

Carrissa Loh later pleaded guilty to multiple offences linked to the incident, including failing to drive with due care, failing to report the accident and refusing to assist with police investigations.

The accident happened at around 3:03am on Feb. 1, 2026, near the junction of Queens Street and Middle Road in Bugis.

According to court documents, Loh had been driving along Middle Road towards Cuppage Road with three friends in the car when she lost control of the vehicle while making a right turn at a traffic junction.

Her car reportedly mounted a road divider before crashing head-first into a plastic bollard outside a branch of Bank of China.

Advertisements

The impact was strong enough to uproot the bollard.

Car Left Blocking Middle Road Lane

Despite the collision, Loh and her passengers allegedly left the scene shortly afterwards and went for supper instead.

When they abandoned the vehicle, one of the rear wheels reportedly remained stuck on the road divider while the damaged car obstructed the right-most lane of the three-lane road.

Police officers later arrived at the scene and arranged for the vehicle to be removed.

After identifying Loh as the driver, officers contacted her and instructed her to return to the accident location.

Advertisements

However, court documents stated that she refused to cooperate despite being informed that leaving the scene of an accident could amount to an offence.

Faced Multiple Charges Including False Statement To Police

Apart from the Bugis crash, Loh also faced several unrelated charges connected to a separate traffic incident in 2023.

She was accused of swapping seats with a man who had a disqualified driving licence after traffic police attempted to stop their vehicle along the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE).

According to reports, the male driver deliberately slowed down and created distance from the pursuing officer before pulling over at the roadside.

The pair allegedly switched seats before the officer approached the vehicle, after which Loh falsely claimed that she had been driving the car.

In total, she faced seven charges and pleaded guilty to five of them on May 20, while the remaining charges will be considered during sentencing.

Defence Says Woman Suffers From Severe Depression

Loh’s lawyer told the court that she suffers from severe depression and requested for a psychiatric assessment before sentencing.

The prosecution reportedly did not object to the request.

The court subsequently ordered the assessment, with the case adjourned to Jun. 23.

The case has since attracted attention online due to the unusual allegation that the driver chose to go for supper after crashing her vehicle instead of remaining at the accident scene.

Advertisements

Photo (left) via Shin Min Daily News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

2 S’porean Men To Be Charged Over Alleged Bulk Registration Of SIM Cards Linked To Criminal Activities

Two Singaporean men, aged 25 and 39, are set to be charged on May 20, 2026, for their suspected...
- Advertisement -