A video emerged online showing a woman jaywalking and dashing across a busy road without looking out for traffic.
The incident happened on 17 January at about 6.50pm, somewhere along Balestier Road and was captured on the dashcam of the camcar.
The woman was seen in the dashcam footage suddenly emerging from the left side of the road, as she tried to dash across the road.
She was seen looking straight ahead as she attempted to dart across the road, paying no heed to the oncoming vehicles to her right.
The camcar then had to jam brake to avoid running her over, as she also stood rooted to the spot, seemingly in shock, as she backtracked away from the camcar.
Persons caught jaywalking can be fined $50 on the spot. They can also be charged and fined up to $1,000, or jailed up to three months. Repeat offenders may be fined up to $2,000 or jailed up to six months.
- What a near miss. Cam car driver’s fast response super *thumbs up emoji*
- lucky for her still can celebrate CNY
- she think this is Malaysia or China
- 0:22 her t-shirt read “I love U”…LOL!!!
- change t shirt to “I love death”