I am stunned. Gf of 2 years sat me down and told me that she wanted to downgrade our relationship to fwb.
She wants to remain monogamous.
Her point of view is that relationships take too much time and effort but she values our bedroom life. I always wrongly thought that we will get married one day so this was a shocker to me.
She has never said anything to cause me to think otherwise but now she is saying her words all along were not sincere. What do I do?
Here are what netizens think:
- I don’t think she understands what the word “monogamous” means, buy her a dictionary please.
- Downgrade you to FWB but remain monogamous to who?? If you are non-committal with each other, it means she is free to date others, and sleep around, so what is this contradicting concept here?
- Her points are already very clear.
1) She’s not willing to settle down.
2) She want to keep her options open in case there’s someone better who come along.
3) She’s not into you or doesn’t really like you as much as what you think.
4) She probably got someone now and see you as a spare.
Basically she’s asking for a break off and almost a termination of the relationship.
There’s nothing much that you can do except to move on.
- Take it like a man. Bid farewell to her. Goodbye. Sayonara. Because downgrading the relationship (or whatever she called it)would only hurt you more.
- Move on. She wants to have her bedroom needs satisfied while looking around for another long-term prospect, while calling the shots. It’s a selfish move and a power move. Don’t accept the fwb proposal. Leave the relationship on your own terms, not hers. Move on and block her. If you want another long-term partner or fwb, you can easily find another one.
- Im confused. Cant be mono if she wants to fwb. Somehiw deep down inside you already know whats the answer.