Is it worth bringing someone to court for scamming me $300?
- Bought a luxury wallet for $300 at Carousel
- Seller said if it is Fake, can refund. Since this is a gift.
Met up with seller at his house void deck and paynow him.
- Went for authentication check, the result is the item is fake.
- Confronted the seller but he MIA and just Last Seen me. Call him and whatsapp but no response.
- Went to file police report. And SPF said this will be under breach of contract/agreement. Can bring him to court.
If you were me, will you bring the seller to court for a $300 transaction?
I have his address, phone number, chat history and physical evidence that the item he sold is fake.
Honestly, I don’t want him to get away with this but I am unsure if there are any unforsee legal costs.
So far i only know that there is only $20 cost involved to submit my case to the court.
- Try the small claims tribunal!! It’s for relatively small-sum claims like this
- No guarantees he will even turn up at small claims but you can try. And if he doesn’t turn up it doesn’t mean the police will arrest him. Source: I’ve been to small claims before.
- Are u sure it was his void deck ? File a police complaint against for selling fake goods – do it via police website online. File a breach of contract in small court – may be he will get scared and pay you money
- Its a scam. The police can handle this. They will request the bank account to be frozen, summon him to station. Can check with another officer? It’s so weird that the police will just “ignore u”, maybe a newbie on the job
- I would file for small claims tribunal. Might not get back the money but oh well, at least I wanna make his name famous in court doc