Concerned about personal reputation because of job
Am in a job which pays well but is constantly putting me under pressure to perform actions I’m uncomfortable with.
Nothing illegal or wrong, just actions that require me to be the bad guy to protect my organisation and team’s interest.
Have just found out that I made quite a number of “enemies” along the way in the industry and am concerned about the potential repercussions it has on my future career prospects.
It also has left me with constant anxiety about constantly having to front so many of these things.
Not sure if its something that others have experienced before.
- Somehow I feel that I get how you feel with a similar work role. But if your peers are mature enough they may just see it as business. But I think it’s good to look for friendship outside of your immediate peers
- Its work, don’t take it personally. I never got along with my boss, argued, but at the end she gave me a promotion for the work I delivered.
- From a different perspective you’re a good employee for the organisation and able to do the assigned work well no? A good prospective boss should be able to recognise that.
- if ppl see you as enemy then they are being unprofessional. you’re just doing your work. i have to be a bitch often to protect my team but outside work, i can be friends with ppl.
- May not be worth the money in the long run especially if your industry is small and has its own network and you intend to stay in it. And what do you think your boss will say if your next employer asks him for a reference check on you.