23.9 C
Singapore
Sunday, January 29, 2023
Ads

21 PEOPLE SUFFERED FOOD POISONING AT TUAS PRATA SHOP OPERATED BY ILLEGAL WORKERS

A netizen send in an email to Singapore Uncensored titled: “21 people experience food poisoning after eating prata at tuas”.

Advertisements

She stated that the workers were not trained to handle food and they are also illegal workers.

Here is the story:

Dear Sir/Madam

I and friend had eat prata at vellimani indian muslim food shop located at 18 Tuas Ave 7, Singapore 639272 on 24/10/2022. We experienced diarrhea and vomiting after eating at the food shop.

I have seen a indian guy serving people many times at vellimani indian muslim food since september 2022.

Advertisements

He used his hands to put prata onto the plates and he did not use a hair net. He did not even wear his mask fully when giving out food. The best part was that he was coughing all the way. I told my other colleagues on it and one of them said that he knew that worker was from india. My colleague informed that he was on tourist visa thus does not know the food safety rules in Singapore.

He told us to avoid eating at the shop. I was super stunned that this was happening in singapore.

I told my other friends who worked around in tuas and asked if we should report to the authorities. To my shock, almost all my friends had already complained to Singapore Food Agency regarding the food quality and them experiencing diarrhea or vomiting or both. The number of people currently stands at 21 people now and likely it will be more. I immediately complained to SFA and Ministry of Manpower.

To my horror, SFA officer emailed me on 01/11/2022 the following – “we have inspected the above-mentioned premises and a lapse was observed for which enforcement action will be taken against the operator.”

To add to my horror, MOM officer emailed me on 24/11/2022 the following – ” During our inspections, we found 2 foreign workers illegally employed by the shop owner. The owner of the food stall as well as the foreign nationals are currently under investigation and the appropriate enforcement action will be meted out.”

Advertisements

I am shocked that this happened in Singapore and no news of it had come out in papers. We are planning to sue the owner of the food stall. I am worried that other singaporeans may get food poisoning after eating at their outlets located at tuas and ang mo kio thus sharing it here.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

15 Y.O BOY SNEAK ON CONTAINER FOR HIDE & SEEK GETS SEND FROM BANGLADESH TO M’SIA

After falling asleep in a shipping container and waking up six days later 2,000 miles away, a 15-year-old kid...
- Advertisement -