25.6 C
Singapore
Monday, December 5, 2022
Ads

6 MORE CHARGED FOR INFAMOUS CLARKE QUAY GATHERING ON NYE

Following the infamous large gathering at Clarke Quay on New Year’s Eve , six more people between the ages of 19 and 23 will be charged in court on 1 March.

Advertisements

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said earlier today that 11 other individuals were issued composition fines of $1,000 each for their Safe Management Rules breaches.

This comes after the investigations that took place after videos of large gatherings or probably hundreds of people having a countdown party outside Riverside Point emerged online and went viral.

The Multi Ministry Taskforce said earlier that the gathering was a potential superspreader event and had led to blatant breaches of safe management rules.

In total, 10 persons are charged with the breaches of SMMs while 15 others have been issued compositions fines.

Advertisements

4 men were charged earlier in relation to the incident back in January and they are scheduled to be back in court, with further investigations into the other people still ongoing.

Recap

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

CYBER SECURITY AGENCY: BE WARY OF UPCOMING SCAMS LINK TO TRAVEL AND FESTIVE SEASONS

With the festive season approaching and travel resuming, the Police and the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) would...
- Advertisement -