29.2 C
Singapore
Monday, June 17, 2024
Ads

AMK COFFEESHOP GOES UP IN FLAMES, 9 STALLS BURNDOWN OVERNIGHT

A devastating fire broke out at a coffee shop in Block 407 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 in the early hours of June 11, causing significant damage to the premises. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the incident at around 2:40am and responded promptly, with officers from Ang Mo Kio Fire Station and Bishan Fire Station working together to extinguish the blaze using four water jets.

Advertisements

Fortunately, there were no reported injuries, but 18 residents from the units on level 2 were evacuated by the Police as a precautionary measure. The fire is believed to have originated from unattended cooking in one of the stalls in the coffee shop, highlighting the importance of fire safety practices.

The incident serves as a stark reminder of the potential consequences of neglecting basic fire safety precautions. The SCDF has issued a timely reminder to the public on good practices to prevent such fires, including not leaving cooking unattended, keeping flammable materials away from heat sources, and maintaining a clean and grease-free stove and surrounding area.

As the investigation into the incident continues, the community is left to reflect on the importance of fire safety and the need for vigilance in preventing such incidents. By following simple yet crucial safety tips, we can all play a role in preventing fires and ensuring the safety of ourselves and those around us.

Here is what SCDF said on Facebook:

[Fire @ Block 407 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10]

Advertisements

On 11 June at about 2:40am, SCDF was alerted to a fire at Block 407 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10. Officers from Ang Mo Kio Fire Station and Bishan Fire Station responded to the incident.

The fire involved a coffee shop at the block. The fire was extinguished with 4 water jets.

Most of the stalls in the coffee shop were damaged by the fire. The rest of the coffee shop had sustained considerable heat and smoke damage.

18 residents from the units on level 2 were evacuated by the Police. There were no reported injuries.

Preliminary investigation indicates that the fire had likely originated from unattended cooking in one of the stalls in the coffee shop.

Advertisements

𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗦𝗮𝗳𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗶𝗽𝘀:

SCDF would like to remind the public on some good practices to prevent such fires:

– Do not leave cooking unattended

– ⁠Do not place any flammable materials near heat sources

– ⁠Keep the stove and its surrounding area free from grease and oil stains

Image Source: SCDF

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

MAN SHOWS OFF HIS AMERICAN EXPRESS BLACK CARD BUT IT BELONGS TO HIS FATHER

Last week, I was at a party with some of my friends and I decided to show off a...
- Advertisement -