Facebook user Keabadian Cinte shared how she bought a chicken sausage roll from a Zus Coffee outlet in Malaysia for her son.
She said that the roll was delicious but when he took a second bite, said that there was an “added flavour” in the roll and that the sausage tasted funny.
They removed the bread from the roll and saw that the sausage was covered in white and green mould, and even the bread had mould from the sausage.
She said, “thankfully he removed the bread from the roll or else he would’ve eaten the whole mouldy sausage.”
She said that the roll was disgusting to look at, and added “who knows how many weeks they have been reheating this bread.”
The woman said that her 8-year-old son had eaten and swallowed about half of the sausage roll without knowing that it is mouldy.
She added that she confronted the staff at the Kuala Lumpur outlet, who then threw away all the hot dogs on display after being informed about it.
She was then reportedly compensated with a “buy one get one free” voucher from the shop as a form of compensation, which she discarded.
The mother added that thankfully her son didn’t suffer any stomachaches from the mouldy sausage roll.