Photos of a minor accident has emerged on social media today and it is regarding an incident where a car had rammed into a Singpost mailbox along Hougang Avenue 10 yesterday on 9 February 2022.
A closer look at the pictures showed a Singpost mailbox lying on the grass patch after the motor vehicle had allegedly rammed into it.
A bicycle was also seen trapped under the car who had already mounted and went up the kerb and on the grass patch beside a sheltered walkway.
Another motor vehicle, a Traffic Police motorbike and some onlookers were also seen at the scene of the accident.
It was not known as to what caused the driver of the vehicle to mount up the kerb but the road however seemed to be wet and slippery after the rain yesterday and we are guessing that the driver had probably skidded on the road and then ended up on the grass patch, knocking the Singpost mailbox down in the process.
We are reaching out to relevant authorities for more information on the incident yesterday.
Netizens in the comment section have commented on the happenings with some of the comments seemingly showing that they have witnessed the whole incident.
Here are what some of the netizens have to say about the incident:
- The mailbox absorbed the force before the shelter collapse…
- It’s so dangerous. He could have knocked innocent pedestrians using the covered walkways if not for the post box. Suspension and fine warranted
- There was another car that exited the car park and knocked into the car which spun the car. The mailbox halted more spins which could have resulted into a more serious or if not fatal accident.
- Why is this caption so negative? Why not “Singpost mailbox sacrificed life to protect pedestrian against errant car” 🤣🤣
- What this post didn’t reveal is there was a car that came out of the carpark and stopped half way between the 2 sides of the road. It is more likely that the car that exited the car park dashed out and this car jammed brake causing it to skid and knocked onto the the post box. I was driving into my car park just after this happened. And I saw a woman sitting in the car that exited the car park. She should be leaving the car than sitting in such a dangerous position.
Image source: Roads.SG