A video emerged online showing a carpark gantry moving up and down by itself, presumably because it was malfunctioning.
However, some netizens have linked the malfunctioning gantry to the supernatural, relating it to the Hungry Ghost Month.
The incident happened at a carpark along Bedok South Road and was captured on the dashcam of a car that was trying to exit the carpark.
The driver was seen driving forward through the carpark exit, as the quiet atmosphere coupled with the stillness of the night added to the eerieness of the surroundings.
The driver was seen slowing down as he approached the malfunctioning gantry, as a cockroach was also seen scurrying about on his windscreen.
The driver then hurriedly bolted through the gantry and took off, driving down the road and away from the gantry barrier.
Hungry ghosts also need to pay for parking
Netizens have since commented on the video, joking that the hungry ghosts are not immune to parking fees and charges.
- Many of them driving out during this time
- Come on la. Its 7th month. A lot of them are going out. You think free meh? Of course must go through the gantry.
- It’s that time of the year so this is normal.
Hey it’s a great opportunity to sharpen your driving skill ya
How to get through the gantry without getting hit
- Im more amazed at the cockroach crawling across your windscreen…
- 7th month loh… The gantry opening for ALL kinds of vehicles passing…