A video emerged online showing an elderly man stopping his vehicle in the middle of the road along the Pan-Island Expressway.
He then alighted from his van before gingerly and dangerously towards a car that was behind him (and filming the incident), as the other cars zoomed past him.
He was seen reaching into his pocket and taking out a piece of paper and he slowly approached the camcar, in the middle of the expressway.
The passengers inside the camcar were visibly confused and bewildered at what was unfolding before their eyes, as one of the passengers asked in Malay, “kesian lah, what this uncle doing? is he trying to ask for help in the middle of the road? Ask him what does he want.”
The elderly man was heard in the video asking for directions from the driver, who told him “a bit further up, one more junction to go.”
- Dementia or what? How can stop in the middle of the expressway? Hope this get reported for his safety and other road users as well.
- He’s probably doing delivery and can’t find his way but He’s too old to understand he shouldn’t stop in the middle of the express way asking for direction. He should not be driving anymore.
- I don’t think it’s wrong by posting if can get the attention of families or those who knows the elderly. Time to stop him from driving already.
- Hope he find his way…..we the young 1 shud help & assist..we might not knoe when we old how it gonna be…
- Seriously by this age good to stop driving but if he working for a living then another story but hope he have children to advice him not to drive as my father 60+ also stop drive as he know he cannot judge well already
- And no one stopped to help? Is this our Singapore?