25.8 C
Singapore
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Ads

FIRE BREAKS OUT AT SHAW CENTRE RESTAURANT, 200 EVACUATED

A fire broke out at a Spanish restaurant, La Taperia, inside Shaw Centre earlier today.

Advertisements

Netizens who were at the scene posted photos of the incident onto Facebook, with the SCDF officers seen present at the scene alongside a few fire trucks and the Red Rhino vehicle.

The SCDF said that they were alerted to the fire which took place earlier this morning at around 10.15am, at 1 Scotts Road.

The fire had apparently arisen from an electrical circuit box located in a 2nd-floor unit.

The fire was put out by the SCDF using one water jet, as well as the building’s sprinkler system.

Advertisements

Around 200 people evacuated themselves from the building before the SCDF arrived, and there were no injuries reported.

La Taperia closed

The reportedly affected restaurant, La Taperia, posted updates on their Facebook announcing that their restaurant will be closed for the day and resume tomorrow.

They explained that it was due to “unforeseen circumstances”.

Images sources: Daniel Soong and Donald Pwee on Facebook

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

COURT OF APPEAL TO HEAR MSIAN DRUG TRAFFICKER’S APPEAL ON 24 JAN

Singapore's Court of Appeal, also known as the APEX court, will be hearing the appeal of Malaysian drug trafficker...
- Advertisement -