30.3 C
Singapore
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Ads

FIRE BROKE OUT FROM OVERHEATED COOKING AT CHAI CHEE COFFEESHOP

A fire broke out at Block 29 Chai Chee Avenue earlier this morning (8 March) at a coffeeshop, with three stalls affected by the inferno.

Advertisements

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said in a statement earlier today that the fire was caused by overheated cooking from one of the affected stalls.

About 15 people self-evacuated from the premises upon the breaking out of the fire and no injuries were reported.

Here is the SCDF’s statement

[Fire @ Block 29 Chai Chee Avenue]

At approximately 6.45am today (8 Mar), SCDF responded to a fire at the above-mentioned location. The fire involved contents of three stalls and a kitchen exhaust ducting (KED) in a coffeeshop.

Advertisements

Prior to SCDF’s arrival, some members of the public had assisted to mitigate the fire using fire extinguishers. The fire was extinguished by firefighters with two water jets.

About 15 people had self-evacuated upon the occurrence of the fire and there were no reported injuries.

Preliminary investigation indicates that the fire had originated from overheated cooking from one of the fire-affected stalls.

SCDF would like to remind the public, especially stall holders, on the prevention of KED fires with the following fire safety tips as depicted on the infographic.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

THE ROCK RETURNS TO 7-ELEVEN HE USED TO STEAL FROM AS A KID, PAYS FOR ALL THE CUSTOMERS

Actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, shared a video on his Instagram about how he used to steal from a...
- Advertisement -