Hi, I am a fresh grad In my first job now, engineering related. Just wanna ask seniors who have grad is my workplace culture a norm ?
No fixed lunch break its ranges between 12- 3+ (usually 3 pm)
The department manager will scold everyone in daily morning meetings for hrs (almost daily)
No basic office supply such as water cooler, fridge , pantry, coffee, stationary etc
Document in traditional Chinese and openly mock others when they consider hiring non-chinese speaking people
Asking for engineering improvement project as probation criteria
I don’t know, I don’t have prior experience in other jobs and not sure if I am just being a “strawberry” or is my concerns valid and if should I consider changing jobs.
Here are what netizens think:
- That’s usually what being an engineer in manufacturing is like. Very normal toxic culture
- Just by staying in that job is deep disrespect for yourself and also supportive of that environment- breeding source of greed and ugliness in humans
- Is the senior or dept head someone u want to be 5 years later?
- Sounds like a typical SME or taiwanese company. Is that a taiwanese semiconductor mnc?
- This sounds like Japan’s black companies in documentaries
- Sounds like Austrian labour camp,work your ads off for checking if the toxic gas works to make people work
- Seems like the company is trying to push for improvements but the people working there are too old and does not know the current trends. good to know how things work manually, then jump ship. If is really too hard, is ok to jump out now as well, but with a job offer secured of course.