According to the National Environmental Agency (NEA), there would be five hawker centres which would be closing temporarily for renovations between February and June 2023.
The duration which they would be closed ranges from a month to four, with the last to be opened again for business in end June 2023.
These hawker centres includes the popular Holland Drive Market and Food Centre, Geylang East Centre Market and Food Corner, Bukit Merah Central Food Centre, Sembawang Hills Food Centre and Mayflower Market.
Duration of closing
- Holland Drive Market and Food Centre (1 March to 30 Apr)
- Mayflower Market (1 March to 30 Apr)
- Sembawang Hills Food Centre (1 Feb to 30 Apr)
- Bukit Merah Central Food Centre (1 March to 2 Apr)
- Geylang East Centre Market and Food Corner (1 March to 30 Jun)
Hopeful for improvements after renovating
An article by Shin Min Daily News also said that the notice of renovation was received on 31 January and therefore owners of the stalls located in the market are still waiting for further details for the upcoming renovations.
Do drop by your favourite hawker for some makan if it is one of the units listed here that is going to be affected by renovations.
Image source: Google Maps