My girlfriend likes to spend alot of money but when it comes to me, she is reluctant to spend.
Every time we go out, she would always request that we go to a fancy restaurant or an expensive cafe. She would expect me to pay even though she makes more $$$ than me and has never split the bill with me.
I have highlighted this to her but she brushed it off, saying that I should dote on her. Is this a red flag? My parent has highlighted to me that they don’t fancy her because she spends alot of money on herself.
Here are what netizens think:
- The really issue is not only about how each spends or earns but the value of how they want to live lives.
- What seems like a red flag to you is merely a case of different living standards. She’s used to an extravagant lifestyle and has equally high standards for the guy she’s dating, and you simply can’t match up. You should be honest about your financial ability and break up if you both have such different expectations when it comes to spending. The girl deserves better and so do you.
- So her money is her money, your money is also her money? Not even married yet.
- She also equates spending money on her as loving and doting her? Later she start asking for gifts how? She need a richer bf. Dump her.
- You can easily tell where someone’s heart is by following the money trail. You mentioned that she spend alot on herself but non on you. That’s where her heart is. She loves herself more than you.