I have been in a situationship for almost 2 years now. For those that don’t know, a situationship is basically doing all the relationship stuff but not “dating” or officially “in a relationship” so it’s not here not there la. I asked him about it but he said it’s not the right time to get into a relationship because he is not at a good place and will not be able to commit to me at a relationship level.
Then my question is, he keeps saying he cares about me a lot or appreciate me a lot, how he’s able to be himself with me. But if 2 years with me and he’s still not sure…
Am i not just a back-up plan or stand-in until someone he is ready to commit comes by…
I don’t know la. I think I know I should go but it’s so hard cause he makes me happy but… do i make him happy? I think his friends makes him happier Lor… This situationship is bothering me I don’t want to waste more time committing to a maybe.. but what if i leave and I lose something that could have been long lasting into a relationship..
Hais.. Single like less stress
Here are what netizens think:
- 2 years is a long time. Please move on with life. Proffy wishes you happiness.
- To put it bluntly, you’re just that thing in the middle of a donut to him. Scoot along now.
- Action speaks louder than words. Don’t be confused by his words. He’s already telling you what you need to know through his actions. Not ready to be in a relationship but sleeping with you. You’re just not the one. He already made a decision. Have you? What he makes you happy but do you make him happy? Since you’re no longer satisfied just being a fwb just leave. Learn to love yourself more girl.
- Usually after 6 months in a relationship, both of you should be able to establish a label. Seems like he is not committed to you or even keeping his options open .
- Huh 2 years? Last time when auntie dated, 2 months he still have trouble deciding I would have move on loh! Simply means he doesn’t want you enough to make it official.