I’m a 26-year-old guy and I’ve worked at a clothing store for the past 7 years. The store mostly sells women’s clothing and it is known as a women’s store.
My GF has never been to the store until yesterday and when she saw how it was almost all women who shopped there she said I needed to find a different job because she isn’t comfortable with me working where there could be a chance that one of the customers flirts with me or something.
I like my job and don’t want to quit especially considering I make a good amount and my boss is nice to me now and nowhere else offers that amount of money with my level of education.
What should I do?
Here are what netizens think:
- She’s being ridiculous. Does she want you to wear a bag over your head as well, so no women look at you?
- Hear me out, if you leave your job, she will continue to pull that kind of shit on you because of her own insecurities. Decide your own power, if you enjoy that job you just stay and that’s the end of it. If she doesn’t like that, she can fuck off. There’s no reason for her to think you’re cheating, and there’s no reason to make this an argument.
- At any job, or while running errands etc, he’s going to see other women. Pretty ridiculous indeed.
- People who are insecure and controlling cannot be appeased. Reduce her anxiety by quitting. Next it will be your time spent with friends under scrutiny. Then any time apart. Before you know it you will be not allowed to enjoy yourself without her in case you realise you have more fun when she is absent. Get out before it gets too complicated.
- No way! She has no right to try and interfere With your money if you haven’t done anything. With her logic both of you should just stay home so no one ever looks at or flirts with either of you. What a ridiculous ask.