My Boyfriend (39m) has kept me (32f) a secret from family and friends for 2 years
He avoids introducing me as his gf when we bump into people he knows. He will not claim me on social media. I never met his son or anyone in his family. We live together and I am still a secret.
He constantly brings up his ex-gf, her family, and friends. He will point out his ex-girlfriend’s and her family’s favorite places, restaurants, hobbies, etc.
His ex-gf was not a secret. She’s all over his social media and part of his family. He calls me immature and insecure when I try talking to him about the problem.
I feel used. We been together too long to keep being a secret. I always joke about calling the MTV show “help, I’m in a secret relationship.”
- The ex girlfriend is not his ex, she’s the girlfriend, you’re the side piece.
- Oh hunny…..he’s married
- 99.99999% chance you are the sidepeice.
0.00001% chance he is mentally unstable and manipulative enough to believe he needs a secret second life for no intelligent reason.
- You’re a secret for a reason… you’re not the main girl.
- I’m sorry, but the girl he introduces his family and friends to is the girlfriend. You are a side piece.
- You are not his girlfriend. You are his side piece.
- Op, you’re the side chick.
- So you been the side piece for 2 years and not know it? Come on. At a certain point it becomes your fault for being dense.