A netizen shared how a young girl who had apparently lost her wallet, approached him and asked him for money so she could go home.
The netizen then gave her $10 out of the only $20 that he had with him, and the girl then scolded him and called him “stingy”.
Here is the story
A young girl approached me that she has lost her wallet and need money to take transport home. She asked me to give her $50 in order to go home.
I lived street across the mall so I only bought $20 cash with me to buy things from 7-11.
Gave her $10 and she said it’s not enough. I told her I don’t have $50 with me and it’s okay she don’t have to return me $10. I am fine with it, I just want to go home lol.
Stupid girl scolded me for being stingy. I give $10 to tissue aunty she will say thank you. Wtf man seriously
- You should have given her $5. Public transport does not cost more than that for 1 way to home.
- $10 is more than enough to get her home. I hope OP took back the $10. I don’t think the girl was truthful but trying to just get money easily.
- Huh woah so entitled to ask for $50 and scolded you for being stingy ,In this case I will take back the $10 lei .. ask her walk home
- If you suay suay encounter such girls again, offer to use your phone to book grab for her. Say you have no cash on hand. See how she reacts. $50 can go from tuas to changi airport already.
- Reminds me that when I was in secondary school and a grown man looking 30+ came to me to say he’s lost and need money to go home. I gave him 5 bucks which was my entire lunch money and he happily went off. I can’t imagine how he feels swindling someone so young. I’m surprised this scam is still going on