omg pls help does anyone know why smrt rejected my simply go debit card?
Tried to take a bus to part time job the reader said “use another card” when I clearly have $40 in my card and i dont owe any fees… my card is also not blocked or anything I just bought smth with it yesterday..
Now I have to spend $24 taking grab to a pt job that pays $48 🥲
Edit: $40 in my bank account! I’ve been using simply go with this card for years im not sure why it just didnt work today. And I have no cash on me
- Has yr debit card expired?
- Did you take a ride recently and the transaction has not gone through yet? I had similar experiences a couple of months ago when my card kept getting declined because the previous transactions had not been processed. I haven’t experienced it recently though.
- sometimes there’s a “hold” on your money, which can’t be touched. eg if you make a reservation that requires a deposit, the restaurant might put a “hold” on $X, till they either charge you or cancel the hold.
- I have no idea what kind of error that is, but if your phone is an android phone with nfc, may I suggest to add some cards in your phone to simplygo as well, as a backup in case something like this happens again, or if you lose your card/forget to bring it out
- Put your card on the topup machine and see what it says. You may need to switch it from some nets mode to debit card mode.
- ensure you tap only 1 card, if you tap your wallet the reader may read other cards.