Do you pay the 10 cent at those toilets?
You know, at those old hawker centre or the sad mall, always got some weird looking one eyed uncle or scrawny auntie sit there listening to their 958fm and have a 10 cent per entry scrawled onto a flimsy cardboard propped up by a few toilet rolls.
Likely the toilet is wet and stinky and yet have to fish out change looking for a bloody 10 cent coin.
Sometime I really got to go and no have time to fish out the coin. Drop 50 cent and can’t be bothered to take the change. Sometime I bo hiu the uncle and walk in, he keep shouting at me but I already peeing on the disgusting steel wall urinal.
This 10 cent thing is some kind of scam or what? Aren’t they paid to clean the toilet? What do you do when you see this?
- The 10 cents is their pay for the upkeep of the toilet, they keep what they collect each day but they have to maintain the toilet. I know because many years ago my friend was in charge of the toilet in Redhill market.
- Unless things has changed since 1or2 decades ago, these 10cent toilet cleaners either don’t have a basic salary, or have a really low basic salary.
They get paid through these 10cents.
- Cb sia. 10 ct to these cleaners mean a lot cos they get no salary. It’s exploitation but it is what it is.
- No they don’t get paid. Even if they do, it’s not going to be a healthy sum. Just think of the 10 cents as a tip Lor. They need 10 ppl to get a $1 tip. What’s $0.10 to you?
- No small change just give a whatever loose change you have in your pocket lah. You high tide still can be calculative mah
- Eh Gen Z, why would anyone want to scam you of your 10 cents… use your brain la