Sweating too much
Hi, I am person that sweats more than your average joe. Let me just elaborate on HOW much i sweat. I sweat so much that my hands start dripping sweat whenever i am in the MRT/Bus.
I am pretty sure some people have noticed my sweat before in public transport. Today my hand was holding the pole and i was so afraid my my sweat dripping onto the person grabbing onto the same pole below my hand
For those who says to ” go exercise “, i can assure you that it is not cause im unfit. I go gym everyday and breeze through IPPT etc.
Funny enough this only happens when i leave my house. Whenever i leave work/school to travel back home, it isnt that bad.
I know it has something to do with my anxiety and i am not sure how i can reduce my sweating whenever i leave my house.
Currently whenever i leave my house and travel on the public transport i already look like i went for a swim
I am going to try iontophoresis next week and i really hope it goes well… I would appreciate any other advice/help
- A friend who we call “han bao bao” like burger but more like sweating baby solved the problem by buying a very old car for like less than 10k to drive for a year. And then she also did Botox on the problem areas to stop sweating.
- I know a person who shares the same issue as you, his palms sweat a lot. He really hated it and just went to surgery to “solve” this issue. Now his palm doesnt sweat but the sweat is redirected to his back. So his back now sweats a lot.
- I did iontophoresis during NS. Only helps for like a week or so for me. Doesn’t help with other parts of the body. And the sweat will be diverted to those parts apparently.
- I have no advice but I just wanna say that you are not alone!! I’ve noticed that in the recent years that I’ve started working out more, I’ve been sweating a whole lot easier and apparently it can something about how your body adapts to cooling itself down faster(?)
I can literally sweat through my clothes just from a 10 min walk and there’s nothing I can do cause I sweat like from my head or face and like chest. The only things I do is carry a handkerchief around with me and try to give myself some extra time if I’m going somewhere and meeting people so I can go to the toilet to dry off a bit or just stand around in some AC place to cool off… we’re not made for Singapore weather :”)
- I think in terms of a long-term solution, you should really consider therapy to address the anxiety. You might be surprised to discover the source/trigger of your anxiety and you’ll be a happier person if you learn strategies to manage the anxiety or even eventually reduce its intensity. Good luck!