Got fired today without reason
Out of the blue, no warning, I was months ahead on my work. My fellow coworkers were shocked because I was seen as someone pleasant to work with.
Now the management is slandering me saying it was due to my performance. I was getting praise left and right for my work literal weeks before this.
I’m so sick of this. This happens to me all the time. I know for sure now never to give any job above and beyond. I did so much and was the only one that did my work and knew how to do it.
- Never go above and beyond for a job
- I say work your wage. If they pay above and beyond, then I’m ok going above and beyond. If they pay average or below? Then they get average or below.
- Happened to me too. My termination came coincidentally two weeks after I notified them of my pregnancy. Go figure. They too cited poor work performance but never once was any poor work performance brought up to me. I was literally working from home when they fired me.
- It was probably personal, as in someone had something personal against you or maybe felt threatened by your work performance being better than theirs.
- Sounds like they realized they could save on months of paying you and still benefit from all your hard work.
- Happened to me too. Maybe you upstaged the boss or a coworker. I’ve seen it happen a lot to good workers. Do too good of a job and you are out on your butt. They see you as competition or as someone “making everyone look bad.” It’s been my experience that on the job performance boils down to popularity/connections and not really job performance. You have to be “in” to get away with high performance and recognition there of.