A post was seen online by a netizen who stays in a HDB and has to deal with the neighbours mahjong playing after 10pm and sometimes all the way till the wee hours of the morning.
It also seems like their neighbours have been doing it for quite some time judging from the way the netizen has posted.
Here is what the netizen said
Just wondering, my neighbour has been playing mahjong, like after 11pm and they carry on way throughout the night and they are super loud and stuff (a bunch of aunties) and was wondering what can we do about it?
This has been affecting my family’s sleep and they have been doing it for quite some time, with no regard for noise pollution.
I know the law now legalises social gambling at home, which would probably make them continue further.
Here are what netizens have to say
- Go confront them? But legally, nothing.
- After 11pm, not 10. Call the neighborhood police, not 999 and ask them to make a visit.
- Legally, the police. Anything else? If you cant win them… join them… lol just kidding, but really your options are either these:
- call the police hotline of your district’s NPC(please don’t call 999, it’s meant for emergency usage) and hope police intervention is useful
- Mediation between both parties by FSC
- win them at their own game
- last resort, move out.
Frankly speaking, there’s nothing much you can do to force your neighbour to become normal neighbours. You can play the game and see who’s the worst neighbour and see who relent first.
- Buy them an auto table lah since you don’t want them to be so noisy. With an auto table the noise pollution sure go down by a lot, you can even buy those ball like thingy to throw inside the table then when the table auto washes the tile the noise won’t be that much also.
Image source: Unsplash, Google Maps