Had a friend who became a insurance agent and contacted me. They’ve had trouble in the past finding jobs, so I’m quite happy for them for managing to find one now. That being said, I’m not exactly sure how many plans am I supposed to be signing with them without falling into some money-leaking pit.
I have a full-time job plus a savings plan and an investment plan with an existing insurance agent. What else is normal to get? Is it normal to have plans with different insurance agents from different companies? I usually get very skeptic of things that are hard sold to me but I also kinda want to support my friend. Not sure what to do here.
- Investment plans aren’t worth it. Also, I’d say to lookout for yourself first and not buy more plans just because you want to help your friend.
- If you want to support your insurance agent friend its better to pay him/her a fixed rate for example $100 per hour for his/her advice. If you want to grow your wealth its better to invest in stocks/properties/ETFs.
- You help one of your so called insurance agent friend only when the others know they all will flock to you because you love to help.
- Can give me your number? I also insurance agent need people to help me also.
- Actually don’t know you happy for your friend for what. Insurance and Property agents any Tom Dick Harry Mary Lisa Jane also can be one. Those insurance agencies always say need to interview but end of the day is all bs, they just want the numbers and headcount because more those insurance bosses, the more the merrier. One more person means one more potential deal can be close then they can underwrite ma.
Image source: Google Maps