29 C
Monday, July 22, 2024


I was running late for my flight that day. I had left my hotel about six hours prior because of the the traffic jams and bad reputation of the airport.


I made it to the airport with about one hour and forty-five minutes to spare.

Despite being late, I was confident that I would still make it in time, as I had already checked in and my flight was not scheduled to leave for another two hours.

So, I thought I was in the clear. But when I got to the immigration desk, my heart sank. There were long lines of people waiting to be processed and the immigration officers were chit-chatting and taking their own sweet time. I was growing increasingly anxious as my wait time started to creep up beyond the thirty minutes mark.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I was at the front of the line. The immigration officer barely glanced at my passport and waved me through without saying a word. I quickly made my way to the boarding gate, but when I got there, I was met with a grim reality – the plane had already left without me.


I was stunned. I couldn’t believe that my flight had taken off without me after I had spent so much time in the queue – all because of the immigration officers’ chit-chat and taking their own sweet time. It felt like a huge injustice, and I was so angry and frustrated.

I went back to the immigration desk to complain, but the officers just shrugged their shoulders and said that they had to process everyone in the line. I tried to explain to them that I had only missed my flight because of them, but they didn’t seem to care.

It was at this point that I realized that the chit-chatting and taking their own sweet time was a common problem at the Kuala Lumpur airport. I had heard stories from other travellers about their experiences with the immigration officers and how they had missed their flights due to their inefficiency.

I was so disappointed and felt helpless. I had wasted so much time and energy trying to make my flight, and yet here I was, still stuck at the airport. I decided to take a deep breath and accept the situation for what it was.

I contacted the airline and explained the situation to them. Thankfully, they were understanding and arranged for me to take another flight. Although I was relieved that I still had the chance to take my trip, I was still disappointed that I had to spend an extra day at the airport, all because of the inefficiency of the immigration officers.


It was a hard lesson to learn, but it reminded me of the importance of being punctual and leaving plenty of time for unforeseen delays. I was also reminded of the power of speaking up when something is not right. It may not always work, but it is still important to raise your voice and make sure that your concerns are heard.

In the future, I will make sure to leave plenty of time for any delays, and if I ever encounter a similar situation, I will not hesitate to speak up. I hope that by doing so, I can help make the Kuala Lumpur airport a better place for everyone.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News


My father and I have never been close. He left my mother and I when I was only three...
- Advertisement -