My wife of 4 years gave birth to our first child two years ago. Both my wife and I are black eyed and light skinned. Our baby has a darker skin tone. Over the past year his eyes turned into dark brown.
I had my doubts. My friends and family had questions. I read too many horror stories online.
I asked my wife half jokingly one day if she was sure the kid was mine. She stared at me and said of course he is. I let it go for a while, but I still had a nagging doubt.
So right after Christmas I wanted a paternity test to put my doubts to rest. She agreed.
Weeks ago I came home to an empty house. Wife and son gone. On the bed she left the paternity results. And a petition for divorce.
Kid is 100% mine. Now I will only get to see him weekends and I lost the most amazing woman I have ever known.
- Why wouldn’t you, as the father, just take the kid yourself to get a paternity test and never worry your wife with it? So easy.
- Maybe it is just the genes from one of your ancestors?
- This probably wasn’t the first time his friends/family tried to cause problems, but it was damn sure the last time his wife stuck around when he let them.
- If I’ve learned anything from this story it’s that I’ll never make my suspicions aware to my spouse.
- RIP. Have you looked back at either side and see oh hey a grand parent had brown eyes or darker skin?