Dealing with unappreciative kids when giving ang bao
This is the first year that I’m giving out ang bao and when handing out ang baos to my cousin’s kids (4 of them), none of them wanted to take the ang bao.
I literally have to shove the ang bao in their face cause they were all playing on their phones, and because I have a really bossy aunty that I hate eyeing on my every move to tell me who I missed out to give ang bao to (wtf).
Anw I did not even receive a word of thank you from them, which makes me so argh.
Has anyone even have such encounters and what do you do? Can I just not give them ang baos next year lol
- You have no obligation to give if they don’t even respect you enough to wish you CNY lol..
- Your weird aunty see can already right, so just give the angbao to their parents.
- I made it a point to my wife, my relatives and myself that if the kids don’t greet and give oranges, no Ang bao. Worked so far as kids come to me instead of the other way round
- You should give them when they come to you and wish you the standard 4 word (chengyu) wishes. No effort no angpow
- Next year if they never bother to greet then don’t care. Parents should bring their kids to greet other adults as a form of respect. Not like you come 拜年 with the kiddos. As for your aunt, sounds so kpo, just let her watch you lor. Never be a ‘people pleaser’