I just rejected my dream job and I am mad at my wife about it
I (31M) was offered my dream job but it would have meant we relocate. My wife (29) said she is not willing to move she wants to remain close to her family because she is scared something might happen to one of them.
I tried making the argument that if something happened she can fly back which I think is not too bad but she would not budge.
I then declined the offer. But the more I think about it the more upset I become as this could have been life-changing for us.
It would have been 4 times more than what I make now. She is also stay at home so she would not need to give up her job . It would just be we would need to move . Maybe I am an ass to be mad but I feel I just gave up on my dream .
- 4 times the amount of money and you said no?Ooof
- I’d take the job. Tbh, you’re never going to forgive her and the resentment will just grow until your both miserable.
- Arrr man. These life choices we’re faced with are just the hardest aren’t they. Good luck my guy.
- You’re mad after the fact. I hope your relationship survives. Good luck OP!
- I wont lie…i would call back and beg to get another chance. You dont always come across these type of blessings. My wife would either be on board or i would have to move forward without her. Hope you dont start to resent her.
- Dude, would you rather resent your wife for not getting the job or yourself for going against your wife. Either way the marriage will have troubles. Might as well have the job.