What is an average salary for 26 year olds?
Just curious and for my own sanity sake – friends my age are earning 5k+ and even one of them earning $8k a month while I’m still earning $4k. All of our jobs are very similar desk jobs in operations or tech, no sales.
What’s worse is that I have a local uni degree while they have degrees from places like sit and kaplan.
I hope I don’t sound too salty – I’m really happy for my friends but I want to know if where I’m at is the norm for people. (we’re all girls btw so no army difference)
Here are what netizens think:
- Paper is just paper, ultimately it depends on aptitude, a good dose of luck and how you carry yourself.
- There’s no norm. Ite grad can earn 8k in 5 years into a job. Ugrad can earn 6k for the last 10 years. Some people no need work also have money drop onto their lap. Don’t compare.
- We won’t actually know how much others are getting unless we see their payslips (and terms of their employment contracts) with our own eyes.
- Hmm. Check for other firms if there’s vacancies with better pays in other companies? You won’t know what’s better outside. Avoid the comparison.. think of financial freedom and early retirement. Even if one earns more, they may spend more and may end up saving less than you.
- Stop comparing with your friends, you will never be happy. We are all running our own race here. Learn to be contented with life and as long as you have food on the table, clothes to wear, roof over your head and you’re happy at your workplace others don’t matter.