Employer does not pay salary on time
Currently working for a local SME, and based on my contract our payday would be last day of the month.
However since my time with the company, they occasionally delay the salary (happened a few times) and can be given only on the 1st, 2nd or even up to 4th without any valid reason. Understandable if there’s a PH which would be next working day, however on these occasions there’s no PH on the last day of the month/ was not a weekend. EG. In June, 30th falls on a Thursday.
And till date I’m still waiting for my salary..MOM guideline is within 7 days..Hais so can’t do anything..This affects me as I’m not privileged… Even a day late has detrimental consequences..Some of my colleagues also very stressed over this delay in salary.. When asked, the in charge blame on bank processing time..
But i don’t understand this as i’ve for many other companies previously and never once had a delay in salary and intead, it’s always punctual/slightly earlier.
Why can’t they submit earlier then so that our salary would be given on time? Why are some employers so inconsiderate? The culture is so toxic, should I leave the company?.
Here are what netizens think:
- Normally failure to pay employees on time is one of the signs the company is gonna fold. Do what’s good for your and leave to find a more stable job is money is really your top priority.
- You need to find a new job immediately. Like constantly send resume. It may fold or file for bankruptcy anytime. Once bankrupt, there is nothing you can do. Don’t care how good the working environment is.
- The company has financial issues and will definitely, and I dare say definitely fold, shut, close down. Leave soon. Meanwhile, secure another employment as soon as possible. It’s within the 7 days MOM law, so there’s nothing you can do even if they pay you on the 7th day after your payday.
- Start looking for another job or better yet once get this salary quickly tender. notice. Better yet no need find job first, just quit. These kind of company the longer u drag, the longer you won’t get your salary .
- Yes leave. A company that doesn’t respect their employees, dun waste anymore time there.