I’ve had a girlfriend for nearing 5 years now, I love her and her family, we gave each other most of our firsts, I imagined myself marrying her sooner or later.
I met my best friend about a year ago, I’ve never had single romantic thought about her, but when she hinted that she had something happening between her and some other guy, I felt like my heart was torn apart.
I know there can’t, won’t be anything between us, but it’s crushing me all the same because if I tell either of the two people I want to talk to most about this, I’ll lose at least one of them. So I tell it to the reddit void, knowing they’ll probably both see it but not know.
Here are what netizens think:
- My wife is my best friend tbh.. if your girlfriend ain’t it just be honest with her.
- You might lose one but time heals all wounds. I told a friend about my crush on them and they didn’t talk to me for a year. Straight left on read. I apologized that I made things weird and we’ve been talking, but I’m happy to hear about them being stoked on their new partner! I’m genuinely happy for them. All my best to you. It’s our only life, better live it up.
- Forcing yourself to love someone will never feel lime genuine love. Pretending never works.
- Usually, falling in love during a relationship can mean that something (or more) is lacking in your current relationship. Try to evaluate what that is and talk to your partner about it eventually. Couples therapy for situations like these (one partner having a crush/feelings) really help to understand how to proceed.
- It’s pretty obvious that after 5 years with your gf, things are starting to get boring and you are seeking an alternative route of freshness.